Scientologists come from all walks of life - mothers, businessmen, artists, scientists, lawyers, doctors, singers, teachers, builders, electricians, cooks, waitresses. And all economic and educational backgrounds.
Scientologists do a whole lot better in their career as a result of studying and using Scientology principles in their life. Learning about themselves, understanding their relationships, gaining more confidence, and really knowing how to achieve their goals equals success. Any Scientologist would tell you that if life was going badly and you were not doing well at work then you would not really be applying what you know from Scientology, because it works. Scientology is a practical religion providing workable tools that apply the religious philosophy in everyday life to improve it, so business owners and families can live easier, happier lives.
In general a happier person who can understand others and help others usually does better in their chosen career. Certainly Scientology helps you to be drug-free, teaches you how to study so that you can read and learn and apply any information and teaches a person morals and a strong ethical code - all things which enables a person to get ahead in their career. Scientologists usually work hard and then also put in time helping community projects also. It is a basic rule that you have to help those around you to really have lasting benefits - you can't do well and be happier if the people who live next to you are having marriage problems, or their kids can't read. You have to help make other's lives better.
It is pretty easy to look around at people who are Scientologists and see how well they are doing and how much they are helping others.
Statistically here are some facts about our membership:
- More than 80% of Scientologists completed high-school, and the percentage of tertiary graduates 30% higher than average.
- 97% of married couples have children and over 50% of Scientologists are married.
- Nearly 70% of members are over the age of 30.
- 98.1% of Scientologists don't receive welfare and over 80% earn above the national average.
- 100% don't take street drugs
- 81.65 haven't used any form of medical drug in the past year, including pain killers.
- Health-wise, 75% report that they are less ill than they were before Scientology and more than half report that they have not missed a day of work due to illness in the previous year.